This one-day contractor training program provides information necessary to properly select, recommend and install CIM high-performance coatings and linings.
At the end of the training you will know:
- When and where to use the correct CIM industrial coating
- Surface preparation, inspection and repair requirements
- Recommended project staffing, skill requirements, and workflow schedule
- Proper application techniques and requirements with hands-on demonstrations
Who Should Attend?
Attendees should have experience applying industrial coating and lining systems or be responsible for the successful application of such materials. Experience with urethane systems would also be beneficial.
The course is targeted at supervisors and crew leaders who work in the field and are responsible for coating operations. However, owners, project managers and sales representatives will find the course to be useful and informative and are encouraged to attend.
The training day runs from 8:00am until 5:00pm and covers:
- CIM Coatings, Linings, and Supporting Products
- Lab Session: What Can Go Wrong?
- When, Where and Why To Use CIM Products
- Surface Preparation, Inspection, and Defect Identification
- Environmental Monitoring
- CIM Material Preparation
- CIM Coating Application Methods and Equipment
- Joint Sealant Design and Installation with CIM
- Coating Inspection and Problem Resolution
- Hands-on Use of Plural Component Airless Spray Unit
For attendees wishing to participate in the hands-on portion of the program, C.I.M. Industries will provide carbon cartridge respirators, safety glasses, gloves, coveralls and head sock. During the hands-on portions of the program, you may have contact with solvents and MDI isocyanate. Due to potential brief contact with these chemicals in the hands-on portion of the program, please consult your physician before participating.